Homemade at it’s best. This is my go to recipe to keep me in chocolate. Great for a bite of something sweet after dinner.
Sugar Free Chocolate Candy Bar
- 2 oz Cocoa Butter (Cocoa Butter from Amazon)
- 3 oz dark unsweetened baking chocolate (found at Publix)
- 1-1/2 tablespoons Powdered Swerve
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- pinch of salt
- silicone candy molds (Candy Bar Mold & Candy Mold)
Organic Unsweetened Baking Chocolate and Cocoa Butter
- Cut chocolate into small pieces, set aside. Put silicone molds onto a baking sheet.
- In a double boiler (I use my glass Pyrex mixing bowl on top of a pot with water in it) melt cocoa butter and coconut oil over low to medium heat. Stir in Swerve and salt. Turn burner down or off and add in half the chocolate, stirring until melted. Remove from burner as soon as melted and add the other half of the chocolate. Stir until melted (this is tempering the chocolate).
- Transfer mixture to something with a pour spout – I use my glass measuring cup. Pour into molds. Refrigerate until set. Remove from molds and keep in a sealed container in the refrigerator.
**The important thing here is to not burn the chocolate. I made this mistake before with disastrous results. After reading everything I could find on tempering chocolate (it’s not as hard as they make it out to be) and applying this concept, my chocolate has been beautiful. Also, don’t let any water drip into your chocolate at any point.**