My sis told me this might be the best Butternut Squash Soup she has ever tasted so I scribbled down how I prepared it.
These photos were not intended for public consumption, but I want to replicate this soup so I’m putting it out here.
- 2 packages pre-cut butternut squash (I was in a hurry)
- 1/2 chopped sweet onion
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons Kerrygold butter
- Homemade chicken broth (1 pint jar from the freezer)
- 1/2 cup Organic heavy cream
- Place squash and onion in a bowl, pour a little olive oil on the mixture and stir to distribute the oil evenly. Season with salt and pepper. Place squash on a foil lined cookie sheet and bake in a 350 degree oven until soft (about 30 minutes).
- Saute crushed garlic in butter in your soup pan. Add the cooked squash and onion. Add the chicken broth. Add some crushed dried basil. Heat thoroughly. Add some cream (maybe half a cup – I didn’t measure). Use immersion blender to blend to a creamy smooth consistency. Season to taste.