I don’t have to miss pizza anymore!! Yay!! I’ve tried many low carb pizzas and this recipe from Fathead’s Tom Naughton is definitely my favorite: The Older Brother’s Oldest Son’s Faux Carb Pizza
Here’s my pizza following Tom’s recipe –
I could pick the pieces up and hold them just like traditional crust pizza. Yes!
The Crust Ingredients:
- 1-1/2 cups shredded mozzarella
- ¾ cup almond flour
- 2 tbs cream cheese
- 1 egg
- Garlic salt
- Parchment paper and cookie sheet
- Put mozzarella & cream cheese in a medium size microwaveable bowl; Microwave for 1 min, stir and then another 30 sec, stir (very hot!)
- Stir in egg & almond flour.
- Wet hands and spread “dough” thin on parchment paper. It should spread evenly with dough-like consistency (if “stringy” then your cheese has hardened too much—just put it back in the microwave for maybe another 20 seconds).
- Dock (poke rows of holes) with a fork to avoid bubbling.
- Sprinkle with garlic salt
- Put in 425 degree oven
- After about 8 minutes, check it and poke holes where any large bubbles may be. Continue cooking for a total 12-14 min, or until slightly brown on top.
My crust looked like this before topping. Please don’t judge my old beat up, burned up pan. It’s heavy duty and works great.
I pre-cooked the sausage and veggies that I topped the pizza with. It only stays in the oven long enough to heat and melt the cheese. I added DelGrosso Fireworks sauce, mozzarella, sauteed onions, garlic and diced jalapenos, Italian sausage, pepperoni, fresh parsley (didn’t have basil *tear*). I think that’s all. Pop back in the oven to melt the cheese and enjoy!