This new (to me) recipe is definitely a keeper! I’m not always a coconut flour baked goods fan, but these are a hit. I found this recipe from Lowcarbsosimple.com. So glad I finally tried it. I added a few walnuts and fresh blueberries to each of the muffins and what a treat! These were made with Natvia Norbu Sweetener which I highly recommend for baking. It has the bulk of sugar and a true sugar taste, in my opinion. I think the success of these muffins had a lot to do with using Norbu. I found mine on Amazon. I’ll be using this a lot more. Norbu’s ingredients are Erythritol and monk fruit extract. Coconut Flour Blueberry Muffins – makes 6 medium muffins Ingredients
- 5 tablespoons organic coconut flour
- 2 teaspoons aluminum free baking powder
- 3 organic large eggs
- 2 tablespoons sparkling water (I used San Pellegrino)
- 1/3 cup Natvia Norbu
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line muffin pan with sturdy paper liners
- Combine coconut flour and baking powder in a small bowl. Mix well.
- Combine eggs, sparkling water and sweetener in a large bowl. Whisk until well mixed.
- Add the dry ingredients to the egg mixture. Whisk until smooth.
- Scoop the batter into each muffin cup.
- Poke the blueberries and walnuts into each muffin. I did it this way so I could control how many berries and nuts went into each muffin.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Let cool and serve.