I wasn’t going to post this because I only snapped one quick photo for myself and it certainly does not do these little wonders justice. But after tasting these, and then the hubs telling me that I MUST make them again, I decided to make you suffer from my less than desirable photography. One, so I won’t forget and two so my Keto buddies will have access to this recipe. If you have a hankering for pizza but don’t want the dough, these will save the day.
- white button mushrooms
- cream cheese
- grated cheese (whatever kind you like – I had cheddar and Parmesan on hand)
- Marinara or Pizza Sauce
Tip: Make pesto when basil is fresh and in season, freeze in mini cupcake paper liners for quick and easy use year round!
- Wash mushrooms, remove stems.
- Dice some of the pepperoni into small pieces, reserve enough whole pieces to top mushrooms
- Combine softened cream cheese and pesto. Stir in diced pepperoni.
- Fill mushrooms with cream cheese mixture
- Top each mushroom with a pepperoni and Marinara
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes or until the mushrooms are done
- Remove from oven, top with cheese, place back in oven until cheese is melted